www.diyextensions.net Forum Index
diyextensions.net Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Luscious Lox (picture added)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.diyextensions.net Forum Index -> Welcome!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristie m
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Luscious Lox (picture added) Reply with quote

http://www.lusciouslox.com/

I learned about this system from reading posts on HE101:

http://talk.hairextensions101.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3762&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I became a member on the LusciousLox site and they automatically sent me samples of their products. They offer the tiniest individual strand attachment system I've seen. Their "Nano" line provides tiny micro beads that flatten into an unimaginably small bond. They sell individual strand hair extensions to go into these beads that have quite a lot of hair on them and a tiny wire insertion point that fits into the bead.

The downside is that the Nano beads and the strands with the tiny wire attachments are very expensive. Shipping from Australia adds another big chunk onto the cost. However, I've heard that the hair lasts a long time because the strands can be reused many times.

I just ordered a package of 250 microbeads and the pliers that remove them. The whole order was over $100! I'm super-excited to get these despite the price because I know they'll work for my Celestial clip-in extensions, leaving even tinier bonding points in my hair because of the Nano beads.

At some point I might be tempted to buy a few packages of LL's Nano extension hair to play with augmenting my volume. The entire bond attachment size is freaking TINY! It looks like it might be a very cool method of attaching individual strands with only the smallest little bumps on your head.

I'll update in a few weeks when I get the beads installed for my clip-ins.

Last edited by kristie m on Sat May 15, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
gorgeous

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Australia yay !!!!! great postage for me at last !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill check it out thankss Kristie.
SinnamonGirl

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I would have gotten my samples!! They never came....The copycat method I did worked very well. I am planning another install as soon as I finish making my strands. I have 15 done and maybe 15 more to go. This time around I am only using a cylinder type crimp tube, not the round beads. I had trouble taking ou tthe back beads that were the round type.

LL is having a mothers day sale this week, so I may order 2 packs of hair.
SinnamonGirl

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, kristie, my tips are probably 1.2 to 1.6 grams. Very large tips. I made them flat instead of rolling into a rice shape....
gorgeous

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I registered on the weekend . havent got pfficial permission to check prices etc on website yet. How much does the hair cost Kirstie please ? and what did you get in your free kit please ?

I registered as an ex hairdresser which is what I am of course. I wonder what if anything Ill get sent ???
kristie m
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In USD, with the Nano tip, one package of hair is $55.82 plus a lot of shipping.

This is what the website says:

"The hair is silky straight and is 20 inch in length. The hair comes in a packet of 10 extensions and only 80-90 extensions needed for an average full head."

The hair and tips are of a high quality and are supposed to last 1-2 years.

The sample kit I received (just for registering, I didn't even request it) had samples of the different kinds of rings/beads and a couple of pieces of hair with the different attachment ends. I also received a threader.
gorgeous

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Kristie wow 53 odd dollars for a few hair pieces ouch !!!!!!
valentine319

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you also let us know are there any issues with the metal and people that fly? I know it's silly but just wondering.
kristie m
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The metal is so freaking TINY that I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference. I've flown with micro rings and clips with no problem... and these attachments are nothing compared to those. I can't believe that a single strand attachment could be so small!
gorgeous

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kristie could you please post a pic of this micro bead beside a normal one to see size difference > I hope I get sent a kit I have no idea if I will or not .
valentine319

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use your own hair to make extension?
valentine319

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore my question. I noticed the threader is the same one I have made over and over here. I use fishing line and a left over ring to clamp down on it.
valentine319

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm checking out if we can tip our own hair. Will let everyone know.
valentine319

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amm has an interesting thinlocs in silicone. I would like to add that for bigger ring options. I'm checking them out. I would like the nano for the top though.
kristie m
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of the Nano bead. I can tell you that it is as small as the head of a pin... Or the size of "seed" beads in jewelry-making. It really couldn't be any tinier and be manipulated easily by human hands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.diyextensions.net Forum Index -> Welcome! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: